So, first things first - do you do digital?To make this card I've pulled together some of the fab elements on Docrafts Digital Designer 'Boofle' DVD. (I've linked the title to ebay where there's often a Boofle DVD for sale).
There are amazing elements on here. From buttons to letters, ribbons and greetings. Aswell, of course Boofle himself in many guises and as decoupage.
Here's the elements I've used for this card...
Here, I opened up an A4 portrait template and pulled the different elements over to the page so just printed off one page. The frame is all set up ready for you, all I've done it cut out the centre as I want to put a dark red embossed card behind it.
Find the Boofle you want and add the embellishments fit for the occasion. These hearts are 'knitted' and you can resize to huge or tiny :-). Lastly, some buttons and a greeting.
What else you'll need:Docrafts embossing folders: Triboss Chequered (still available) and Mini Polka (this was was released two years ago)
Grey gingham card
Spotty and brown ribbon
Docrafts shimmer dome stickers (red)
Docrafts dye based ink pad (red & chocolate)
1) Ink the edges of your card
2) Cut red card stock, roughing up edges with craft knife and stick to card base so it leaves the card base border
3) Cut grey gingham, ink and distress the edges. Use your pricking tool to make holes all the way round. Stick this down at an angle to your red card.
4) Tear a strip of red card to go across the centre, ink edges with chocolate ink pad
5) Cut strip of spotty ribbon and secure behing the torn border. Stick this down on top of grey gingham.
TOP TIP: when you tear your card to get the rough edge you'll want to ink then this always works. If you're right handed, keep card in left had and tear down with your right, Turn card to tear other side keeping it in your left hand and tearing with your right. If you're left handed then put card stock in right hand, tear, turn and keeping in right hand, rip again using your left.
So, now it looks like this..
6) Take your printed Boofle frame and cut out centre white square. Put red card (core-d'inations) through chequered embossing folder, sand it down and stick behind the aperture. Using 3D silicon glue or foam pads, stick this down.
7) Secure your Boofle to card using foam pads
8) To finish, decorate with ribbon and paper hearts & buttons taken from DVD rom. Pop a dome sticker in the corner.
9) Lastly, add your sentiment. I changed my mind on this one as wanted something a bit bolder. This sentiment is from Docrafts Portobello Road DVD rom (another fab one!!)
Ok, if you weren't a convert to digital crafting, hopefully this has given you something to think about. And remember, if you ever get stuck then get in touch x