We're half way through the week!!
I've fallen in love with my sewing machine again which means watch out cotton!!
I used docrafts wonderful spots and stripes (brights) capsule collection to make my bag.
The fat quarters are terrific and a brilliant price too :-)
The process is really easy.
1) Start with red felt (from felt docrafts felt bundle) and cut to what size you want for your kindle/kobo or ipad (allowing seam allowance too!)
2) Build up your union jack one stripe at a time, don't be neat at this stage as you'll trim edgings later.
3) Remember that on the union jack the stripes are opposites
4) I didnt' worry about 'freyed' edges as they add to the overall 'shabby' look I was going for.
5) Use your Xcut dies to cut flowers from the felt (you'll probably need to run through your machine a couple of times).
6) Sew your button through your flowers.
7) Put right sides together and sew 3 sides, turn right way around.
8) Cut same size rectangles for your lining and sew 3 sides as above.
9) Insert into your bag so the pattern is on the inside. Sew to your outer lining securing your tabs to the middle of the front and back.
10) The tabs are made by sewing a strip of patterned fabric. TOP TIP: use a chop stick to help turn your tie the right way.
Use a blanket stitch when securing your inner pocket - I used a striking red cotton.
You can finish your tab ends the same way.
I'd love to see if you've had a go at something similar!
Crafty smiles, til the next project...