Tuesday 5 February 2013

Quilt some love...

Don't know about you, but there's something wonderfully homely about a hand-made quilt.

Well, as much as I'd love the hours this amazing skill requires - my kids rarely let me have it so the most I could probably manage is a pot holder!!

I think crafters are great at swopping their skills (well it's stealing really, just that we're polite about it!). Here's a card using the 9 square model quilters use. The hearts in each corner make it a bit more fun.
The faux stitching and borders are done with the brill Sakura Jelly Roll pen - if you don't own one then go get one (you'll wonder what you did without it!) It meant I could hand draw the vine leaf borders around the edge (add a little bit of clear gloss in each leaf to finish it off)


There's lots more you could add to this card - to be honest sometimes I like something classic :-)

1 comment:

  1. This is just gorgeous,lovely design .xxx

    ReplyDelete